Our mortgage adviser team are waiting to take your call. We’ll run through some questions with you over the phone that’ll help us get your application moving. If you can have a think about the following in advance, it’ll make your call even faster! We’ll ask about:
- The house – if you’ve chosen a property, what it costs and the mortgage you need
- Your income – the average net amount you earn each month
- Your outgoings – what you spend each month on things like food, clothing, insurance, utilities, transport, childcare and entertainment.
- Your borrowings – any credit cards or personal loans you have and the balance on them
- Your deposit – how much you’ve got as a deposit for the house and how you built it up
- Previous arrears – if you’ve had arrears on any borrowings in the past and how they came about
- Previous addresses – if you’ve lived where you are now for less than three years
And of course, if there’s two of you applying we’ll also need the other applicant’s details. Having this information ready will make the call so much easier and ensure that you receive our decision on your application even faster.
Once we’ve run through the initial questions and if you qualify for the amount you need, your Approval in Principle will be ready in just 24 hours. Now you can house hunt with confidence!
This is also a good time to choose a solicitor to help you with the legal aspects of buying a home.